"What do YOU mean? We were all made up by random people, WE DON'T EVEN EXIST!!!" - Captain Bird
|First appearance||Sonic Fan Character Wiki (2012)|
|Appearances||Sonic Fan Character Wiki, SFCDB, Sonic Fan Characters: Shorter Shorts, DeviantART|
|Nicknames||Captain, Bird, Mary Sue, the "unofficial" mascot of MR SHRIMP DX|
|Age||N/A (At least 25)|
|Fur/feather/scale colour||Dark grey|
|Attire||Black long sleeve torso, black pants, black long sleeve gloves, black boots, black bandanna, black belt|
|Alignment and character traits|
|Likes||Breaking the 4th wall, his strange collection of weapons, giving the finger, fast food, convenience stores, soda|
|Dislikes||Sexual content (Especially nudity. He gets frightened and very uncomfortable), furries, MOST kids under 10 years old, his own creator 70000000000 SHRIMP X|
|Friends||Various Sonic fan characters (rarely)|
|Neutral||Various Sonic fan characters|
|Enemies||70000000000 SHRIMP X (creator), various Sonic fan characters (sometimes)|
|Skills and powers||4th wall breaking, weapons, respawning, random object spawning|
Captain Bird (age and birthdate unknown) is "the 'unofficial' mascot of MR SHRIMP DX ." He is an unsympathetic anthropomorphic black bird with the ability to break the 4th wall. Because of this, he is fully aware of being fictional and claims to be a poorly designed Sonic fan character. He eventually formed a strong hatred towards his own creator and doesn't get very exited over the whole Sonic fan character concept - despite being part of it. He made his debut on the Sonic Fan Character Wiki as a Furry Dollmaker creation.
Uhh... Actually, the text above this covers all that.
Concept and Creation
(NOTE: This is for Captain Bird's Furry Dollmaker design)
Wikia user 70000000000 SHRIMP X (AKA MR SHRIMP DX) had no idea what he was doing one day and decided to use a Sonic character creator on the internet. A black and blue feathered bird character was produced. After saving the image, SHRIMP used a separate character creator to remake the same black and blue bird character under a different design. The second result was much more favored. Again, SHRIMP saved the image and made a final check for any other possible Sonic character creator websites. SHRIMP eventually came across FRICKIN' FURRY DOLLMAKER - where the classic (unoriginal) design was born. A screenshot of the character was saved. For the image title, SHRIMP chose the first name that popped in mind after designing this bird character. That name is Captain Bird.
Sometime in July, 2012, SHRIMP came across THE SONIC FAN CHARACTER WIKI. After a brief overview, SHRIMP decided to post Captain Bird. However, this couldn't be done at the moment because a Wikia account is required to create a page. In December (Don't ask me why it took that long), 70000000000 SHRIMP X registered an account with a ridiculous username. Captain Bird was posted on December 6, 2012 after giving the character an extra long spike along with other adjustments using MS Paint.
(Captain Bird is not a Captain in anything. SHRIMP gave him that name because... Well, I don't know)
- Captain Bird's Furry Dollmaker appearance (see Gallery). This design isn't used anymore due to lack of originality. However, it can still be seen in Sonic Fan Characters: Shorter Shorts, created by Wikia user Dash the Turtle.
- Captain Bird's current design (see Infobox). His attire consists of a black long sleeve torso with black pants, boots, and long sleeve gloves. As accessories, he wears a black belt with a black case on the side. He completes this look with a black bandanna on his forehead.
Despite his ninja-like appearance, Captain Bird is incapable of stealth and creates many accidents while attempting to hide or be sneaky.
Captain Bird appears to always be annoyed at something or someone (possibly towards the fact that he is a poorly made character or even his own creator). This explains why there is just a slight touch of anger to the way he acts. Captain Bird also gets bored easily and shows no signs of sympathy to anyone. He also despises anything cute or adorable.
Captain Bird has been known to overreact/underreact to certain situations. Whenever he is using a close range or melee type weapon, Captain Bird's actions are dangerous and will probably perform inhumane acts of violence. He is also willing to break the law to complete simple, yet insignificant tasks. Despite this, Captain Bird can get frightened slightly easier than usual.
- Various Sonic fan characters (rarely)
- Various Sonic fan characters
- 70000000000 SHRIMP X (creator)
- Various Sonic fan characters (sometimes)
- 4th Wall Break: Captain Bird can use this ability to perform impossible actions and gain information he shouldn't have access to (ex. Looking up the weaknesses of his opponent on the Sonic Fan Character Wiki).
- Random Object Spawning: In a combat situation, Captain Bird will usually pull out a random object behind his back to fight with. He is skilled with firearms.
- Respawn: When killed, Captain Bird will show up momentarily in a nearby location as if nothing happened to him. It is unknown how he is able to do this.
- Dexterity: Captain Bird has incredible dexterity with his hands, but doesn't seem to be aware of this skill.
- Physically Weak: Captain Bird is physically weak. Attacking him can cause huge amounts of damage.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Captain Bird is highly vulnerable without the aid of firearms or other weapons. He is completely UNSKILLED when it comes to any form of hand to hand combat.
- Stealth: Captain Bird is incapable of stealth and creates many accidents while attempting to hide or be sneaky.
Sonic Fan Characters Brawl!
Captain Bird is an unlockable character in both games (see SFCDB).
Various items Captain Bird can pull out of thin air behind his back include:
- RAW KIT LAWN CHAIR
- Fire Extinguisher
- Maverick Rev-6 (Nerf gun)
- THE 1,295 HARD COVER MEDICAL ADVISER BOOK (REMASTERED EDITION)
- Confetti blaster
- T shirt gun
- Balloon sword
- Silly String
- Paddle ball
- Black Machete
- A FRYING PAN
- Other various everyday items
- "Dang it! I died again!"
- "Ok, uhh... I wish I never saw that."
- "Would you like fries with that?"
- "OOOOOHHHHHH MMMYYYYYY GGGGGGGGAAAAA!!!"
- "WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME!!!???"
- "Stupid kid."
- "I've...... Seen...... Worse?"
- "YOU IDIOTS, THIS IS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG. NOT POKEMON!!!"
- "You know you're a bad character when the #1 user on the wiki puts you in the Mary Sue category."
- "FIRE ALL WEAPONS!!!"
- "What do you mean we WEREN'T supposed to kill them?"
- "You are not too sexy for clothes; SO PUT THEM BACK ON!!!"
- "No, I cleaned up last week's fatality. It's your turn to clean THIS one up."
- "ATTENTION! This is your Captain speaking..."
- "WHAT THE [BEEP] [BEEP] [BEEP] YOU [BEEP] MOTHER [BEEP] PIECE OF [BEEP] [BEEP] I'LL [BEEP] RIP YOUR [BEEP] [BEEP] OFF AND [BEEP] THAT WET [BEEP] [BEEP] [BEEP] UP YOUR [BEEP] [BEEP] AS HARD AS [BEEP]!!!"
- "WHY THE [BEEP] ARE MY SWEARS BEING CENSORED???!!!"
- "Oh... Oh, great... Now I'm on fire... Awesome."
For more Captain Bird content, see MR-SHRIMP-DX on DeviantART.
- The only parts of Captain Bird's body that have ever been shown are his head and tail.
- Captain Bird is not 70000000000 SHRIMP X's first Sonic fan character.
- The top of Captain Bird's eyes are covered by his bandanna.
- Captain Bird's favorite color is black.
- Captain Bird's name was never meant to resemble Captain Falcon's.
- Due to his ability to respawn, Captain Bird doesn't see much value in the life of himself or others.
- Captain Bird has not encountered any canon Sonic the Hedgehog characters.
- Captain Bird drinks coffee - which explains why he can be a bit fast sometimes.
- Captain Bird can't sing or dance and never wants to.
- Captain Bird is the first and only character 70000000000 SHRIMP X created on Furry Dollmaker.
- Captain Bird can watch any brutality without showing any signs of disgust (he is one of those guys who see too much).
- Although it is unknown what kind of bird Captain Bird is, his Furry Dollmaker design resembles a Steller's Jay .
- Captain Bird's eye color is black in his current design and blue in his classic unoriginal design.
- If you get Captain Bird angry enough, he will shout horrible things that completely contradict his dislike and fear of sexual content.
- This character has almost been deleted by 70000000000 SHRIMP X from the Wiki several times.